Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Eventful day.

This is in reference to yesterday, Wednesday, the 18th of August, 2010.

Double English. We finished watching this video which contains footage from world war two (WWII) and interviews with Holocaust survivors.

It sounded bad-ish, most of it, I guess.

The 'worst' part that affected me was when the German general offered bread to any Jew which can play the violin and please him. So this old mand (Jew) went up and played a 'beautiful sweet piece' (probably in minor key) that the Holocaust survivor said he had never heard anything so beautiful. The general didn't like it and had his army men use a pipe to beat the old man's head in till blood and brains were splattered across the floor.

Wow. Those assholes. A musician is AWESOME!!

On the topic, I'm going to rant about war and war crimes. So this is how it goes. You raid the village/city/town. You kill the men. Take the children prisoners. You loot everything of value. And you rape the women. Logical right? How about don't kill unless you need to (if they're armed or pose a threat) and then after any raping, you cut them up and take their organs. And blood. And bones. I mean, why gas them? Why shoot them? Why burn them? It's better to harvest the organs, it's more productive, right?

Music...Methods, by now, I forgot.

P.D. we had cake. Hooray! :D cake!
There was a chocolate covered cake and a mud cake (chocolate through). The chocolate was meant to represent our Christianity and we were either only acting Christian on Sundays, in public, etc. Or we were actually Christian. I'm neither. I'm like not chocolate on the outside and full of chocolate chips on the inside. Go figure.

Then blood donation. So excited for this. $43.75 for the maxi taxi ride there with David, Beth, Cara and Rachel.

The hospital covers both-ways taxi rides. The cab driver apparently gave himself a tip. LOL! Well why not? 2 or 3 dollars won't hurt. Plus, they're only 16 year olds.

Taking the questionaire was funny as a lot of the questions had to do with male-to-male sex and prostitution. They worded everything nicely.

Sex worker = Prostitute
Blood or any other bodily fluid splashed on/in the eyes, nose, mouth, open wounds.
In other words, a cum facial.
Sex with anybody who may have done any of the above (there was a longer list above) = Getting drunk

Anyway, David was the only one out of us that could take the blood test. I couldn't because 'I took antibiotics 5 days ago and it has to be at least 5 days ago. Which they changed to 'more than five days' once I told them it WAS at least 5 days ago.'

STUPID!

We got free food and drinks. I had a big M - chocolate and some cheese and biscuits. It was nice. :)

We took two taxis back to WCC. Because....it's too hard to get a maxi taxi again.
It ended up being like what? $100 for 500ml of David's blood. That's expensive.

Anyway, when David was giving blood, I watched him. The nurse is like, 'okay I'm going to stick the needle in, turn your head the other way' *David turns his head* *I stare attentively*. *Nurse pushes needle into David's arm*.

Nothing came out. "We're going to try the other arm"
This time, blood came out. She said if the ml/min drops below 30, to clench your fist and it will go up. It went down to 17 so David clenched his fist. I told him I would buy two chocolates off him if he got it to 100. So he clenched like crazy, flexing his fingers. He got it to 92. So I told him I'll buy one if he gets it to 95. He kept going, he got it to 94. But that's okay, I'll buy one anyway.

He claimed it went up to 95 or 96, meh. I believe him, I'll just buy one.

So yeah, No blood for me. :( Or more correctly, for them. However, I am planning to go another day. (They tell you if you have blood cancer, diabetes, your blood type, HIV, AIDS, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment