Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Biffs

I saw this on some year 9 (or was it year 8 or year 10?) girl's facebook wall-to-wall with some other random girl in my school. It was in the context, 'yeah, they're my biffs' or something like that.

BIFFS. One may ask him or herself, what the hell is that?

It goes like this.

Best friend. "She's my best friend"
Best friend for life. "She's my best friend for life"
BFFL. "She's my BFFL"
Biffle. "She's my biffle"
Biff. "She's my biff"
Biffs. "They're my biffs"

Seriously, Best friend I can understand, best friend for life I can understand, BFFL, yeah, that's just an abbreviation. Biffle...getting unecessary now....Biff. Not needed, at all.

Pluraled? You can have more than one best friend for life. Let's just take the one 'biff'. FOR LIFE?? Do you REALLY think that your whole clique of 6 or 7 will be you friends for life? No. Not just that, BEST friends for life?

You're crazy. Stop relying on temporary emotions, I've had enough of that.

I guess it just shows the evolution of generation Y msn-speak. :/

ily xx (I love you *kiss*kiss*)

1 comment:

  1. Personally, the whole phrase "best friends forever" annoys me. Not just "biff". It's just because I doubt that all of someone's friends will be his/her friends forever.

    So yeah, good post.

    ReplyDelete