Friday, April 16, 2010

Cleaning the fishbowl

Background Information:

So yeah, I felt pretty bad for killing my fish, I put a guitar ornament into the fishbowl and I neglected the fact it was varnished, then when I checked up on the fish 2 days later they were floating upside down, dead.

OHHH NOOOESSS

Then I was like oh crap.... but I had to go somewhere so I left. Then after 30 hours it started smelling pretty bad so I put a cover on the fishbowl.

1 week later, the water was dark grey, and the the part of the fish above water level (it was half floating) would get mouldy. Then it would make the fish weight later, so it rises ever so slightly to balance it out, then more will start moulding. I eventually wanted just 2 fish skeletons to use as decorations for my next goldfish or whatever fish I get, but.... it would take too long and it would be disgusting (not that it already isn't but.... it would be alot worse)

SO.....6 weeks later or something, 5 weeks later? I cleaned it out, the water was blackishly translucent and I had to walk slowly outside, it was horrible. Then when I tipped off the top of the lid (outside) to pour out the water, a sweet smell arose. I did my research: That means fungal spores, 5 seconds later my chest started getting itchy... on the inside, so I ran away and spent 20 seconds taking deep breaths of fresh air.

Then I carefully spent 1 hour cleaning the fishbowl and now it is clean in my room, HOORAY!

It was a lot more disturbing and lengthy but the details.... errrr, I'll tell you a few:

My light grey rock turned a dark purple, that CREEPY dark purple colour *shudders*
My ornaments (wooden) were covered in a slimy semen-ie thick ooze, but I washed them clean. Of course fungi, mould and other horrible horrible things still exist but... meh.

I still have the goldfish btw, :P hehe... they're somewhere in my frontyard, well at least one of them is, the other one is... I don't know, I didnt see it but I emptied my fishbowl so it should be there too.

While pouring out the liquid, a few tiny specks of it sprayed over several places on my leg and my brother's leg. 1 hour later, marble-hemisphere sized and shaped white lumps sprung up, FROM LIKE 1 TENTH OF A DROP OF THAT LIQUID, oh dear....

So I popped it (thanks Wez ;D) to see what is inside, if its white crap, its BAD, if its just blood then it should be non-lethal.

And I did, and it was just blood, YES! My brother's were alot less in size and number, so he's fine. But MAN, they were ITCHHYYYYY D:

YEER! And now to get more fish.....

-Jon- >=D

No comments:

Post a Comment